Tim Voorhees, JD, MBA, AEP®
Principal Partner, Matsen Voorhees Mintz LLP, and President Family Office Services. National lecturer, trainer, and author. 36 years of experience providing wealth, estate, and charitable planning for multi-million dollar estates through national wealth planning organizations and financial service companies.
Area of expertise: Wealth Counseling and Wealth Blueprinting
Since entering the financial planning profession in 1978, Tim has developed broad experience in estate planning and portfolio planning.
During the 1980s, he consulted with a variety of leading investment firms to help develop investment policy statements and conducted asset allocation seminars with professors from leading graduate financial programs.
From 1990 until the present, he has focused on zero tax and charitable planning issues of concern to individuals with estates of $5 million or larger.
While serving as President of Family Office Services and Managing Partner of its affiliated law firm, Tim has helped advisers plan hundreds of cases for high net worth individuals.
Tim regularly conducts half-day “Best Practices” and “Best Tools” training sessions for attorneys, CPAs, and other advisers.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society (National Board in 1990s)
- Institute for Christian Conciliation (Certified Christian Conciliator™)
- Charter Member, Kingdom Advisors
- Accredited Estate Planner® of the NAEPC
- JD – Southern Methodist University – Corporate & Estate Planning Law
- MBA – Arizona State University – Finance & Accounting, Academic Scholarship
- BA – Macalester College – Economics, National Merit Scholarship
Charitable Organization Leadership Roles
- Board Leader, Crown Financial Ministries, Southern California & Hawaii, 2008-2010
- Board Member, Christian Legal Society national board, 1990s
- Board Member, Faith and Work Life national board, 2008-2010
- Member, Grace Church, Laguna Niguel 2004-present (Serve in various roles)
- Member, Presbyterian Church in America, 1992-2004 (Served in various teaching and leadership roles)